
Happy Thursday!!
Today I am thankful for several little things...
- Dinner with my "big sisters" on Monday night. It is inevitable hot flashes and hormones are part of the discussion but I take great comfort knowing these ladies will help me through the change when it is my turn.
- A day at home on Wednesday. Truth be told, I like having time to stay at home with my girl. I intentionally try not to be out too often because it infringes on our time to play together. I know we can't or shouldn't be in all the time but I do cherish our girl time.
- For significant rain on Monday. Ironically, that was the day I chose to do LOTS of errands. So I looked a bit goofy running around from place to place with a two year old but oh the sense of accomplishment!
- The Texas Primary is over and so are the phone calls. John, Mike, Hillary, Barack, Rick Perry, Michelle Obama, John Cornyn, Joe Blow for Sheriff, and all their buddies have stopped calling. We received easily a dozen calls a day and of course it seemed like most were during Lindy's nap. Really, how was a girl to sleep???
- I overcame a silly fear this week--giving myself a shot. I am not afraid to get shots but I just never wanted to be the one to administer it. I was the girl in biology who didn't want to prick her finger to get her bloodtype. One of my commitments this year was to get back to taking medicine to treat my rheumatoid arthritis. I've been off for 10 years and have paid the price for it. I am now officially up and running on a course of treatment and just pray that it will be more beneficial than adverse (you know, those little things called side effects).
- Mark & Tamra's big day is on Saturday!
- A good talk with my sister-in-law and friend, Dani, this week. We hadn't had a chance to talk in weeks. Yikes!
- For the very special night my friend Linette and her family experienced at the Steven Curtis Chapman concert. You can read all about it on her blog. Thanks to Steven Curtis Chapman, they are a lot closer to bringing home their daughter, Hope.
What are you feeling thankful for today?
17 comments:
Happy Thursday to you, too! Sounds like you've had a great week. How fun to spend time with your big sisters and to have a day home with Lindy. I'll be praying that you won't get any side effects from your medication and that it will help you with your RA. Hope the rest of your week is wonderful!
Happy Thursday to you! What a magnificent list! Nothing better than big sisters to keep you going, have a few of them myself.
The pictures of Lindy are adorable - such a beautiful little girl.
Yea for you on the shots!! I am so happy you are taking good care of yourself, you have so much to look forward to and you need to care for LISA! Here's to ptoooey on the side effects.
I have too become the antischeduler many times to protect and preserve time to be with the little people and with myself, quite honestly - constant running makes me a rather unsavory being:)
How happy are we for sweet Linette??? I am so happy for their family, such an incredible blessing.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Love,
Heather
Lindy is looking cute as always! Great pictures of her!
We were also running around town in that rain on Monday. Garrison had a dr.'s appt. and I ALWAYS do my weekly grocery shopping that day. Was fun. :o) sigh.
You will NEVER regret staying at home with your sweet girl for alone time! Those make the sweetest memories. Enjoy them!
Blessings!
Jenn
Hope you have a wonderful day today. I loved reading all of the things that you are thankful for. I am alot like you when it comes to staying home with your daughter. We do have to leave the house but we sure love having our girl time at home. :)
Have a wonderful weekend Lisa! Lindy is just beautiful!
How wonderful you make sure you get lots of play time with your sweet Lindy! Hope your shots go well and you feel better. Have a wonderful weekend!
Karen
Lisa,
Another post worth waiting for. You touch me and continue to bless me in such a sweet way. I am thankful that you have decided to take care of yourself and that you were able to overcome your fear of giving yourself shots...what strength you have to do that.
Your photo collage of Lindy is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing such goodness and light.
what a great post. I love the sweet pictures. I wanted to stop in and thank you for the kind words. We have been at the hospital having test done all day. Dad is very tired I think we will know more in the morning.
Love your Thankful Thursday list. I am diabetic so I am very familiar with taking shots. I took shots for five years, several times a day, but now I wear an insulin pump which is on continuously. I hope they go well and that you feel better soon!
Your collage is adorable!
I love your list this week! And YES I am so happy for sweet LInnette!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the outdoor photos.
ah yes, we were running errands in the rain too
does Lindy watch when you do your shots? Bethany sees me get allergy shots once a week and always frowns, but I figure maybe she'll be less afraid if she sees me being brave
I see several other things on your list that I too am very grateful for!
Wow-seeing your Thankful Thursday list made me cry! I have SO much to be thankful for this week. I'm just blown away by God's love for us! I'm so thankful for all my blogging friends. Thank you for being so happy & excited for us.:)
Why did you give yourself the shot and not Don? I am glad you did get over the fear and now you can get some needed help (without the terrible side effects). ALso glad you and Lindy are getting some good girl time. :-)
Lisa,
Thanks for sharing the update about your RA! I am hugging you from here for giving yourself the shots! The first one has to be the hardest, right? I hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow sharing in your friend's special day!
Love,
Diana
I am so proud of you with the shots! I grew up watching my dad give himself shots and I pray that I will never have to do that. You take care of yourself little lady!
Love days at home as well! But also love dinners out with good friends, sounds like fun!
Lisa,
It sounds like a very big week for you! You should be really proud about overcoming that fear. I can imagine how hard that was. I will pray for healing for your RA.
Hugs,
KIm
Lisa, Your GIRL is so stinkin' cute! What a great Thankful Thursday list!
It sounds like you had a lot of great things happen last week. I think you are very brave with the shots. I hate them and couldn't imagine giving myself one. YOU ARE BRAVE!
Post a Comment