Yesterday as I was preparing the guest bedroom for some upcoming visitors, I stole a few moments to read the Bible I have on a decorator table in the room. (As you might surmise, focusing on a task and sticking to it is not always my strong suit.) I let the Bible "fall" open and began reading where it landed.
One of the verses I read was Proverbs 18:4: "Wise words are like deep waters; wisdom flows from the wise like a bubbling brook." At that moment I knew what my Thankful Thursday post would be...
I consider myself blessed that God has placed some very wise people in my life. I am thankful for each one whether they are male or female, young or old, or near or far.
What are you thankful for today?
P.S. I am also thankful and thrilled that this family has a court date for their daughter in Ethiopia. Soon they will travel to Ethiopia to bring home two children to their family.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I so love your thankful Thursdays.. alsways so heartfelt and touching... love that passage. Have I mentioned that you are just too cute?
Love you girl!
:)
Amie
Oh...I love these Thankful Thursday posts that you do! I look forward to them every Thursday! :o)
I am thankful for YOU Lisa!
Let's plan on getting together sometime soon!!
Blessings,
Jenn
Hi Lisa!
I wanted to thank you for visiting our blog and for your very kind words! They are much appreciated!!
Hope you have a wonderful week!!!
Right now I am very grateful to be supported by Christian women who can keep me and my spirit on track and focused.
Your Thankful Thursdays are a blessing. Even to me on a Tuesday!
thank you for keeping us on track with your Thankful Thursday's:) I always love to reflect after reading your thoughts.
What a beautiful passage. I often pray that I will speak with wisdom and not what I think needs to be said.
I think it's great that you have a Bible on your guest room night stand!
~Lynn
Oh I love that verse.
Kim
I am thankful for "Jesus Chrsit, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." Titus 2:14
I agree with the others, I love these Thankful Thursdays.
I'm so thankful for my family. They bless me everyday!
...drive me a little crazy sometimes...but overall bless me!
I miss you...
Post a Comment