Well, as I posted on Friday, this week is Random Acts of Kindness week. Last year I asked you to tell me how you had been blessed by an act of kindness. I really loved reading those posts. In turn, I awarded two people with a little token of kindness for sharing your experiences.
This year, I'm asking you to brag on yourself. NOT an easy task for many of you, I know. Tell me what acts of kindness you do, try to do, aspire to do, do with your family, etc. I know you're nice people, so it shouldn't be that hard...
To say thank you for sharing, at noon (CST) Monday, February 16th, Lindy will randomly choose someone to bless with a little kindness.
Thanks in advance for your participation and bless and be blessed!
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dang, I hate that I have to think about this... I should be doing this kind of thing ALL the time! I will have to get back to you!!! I am just so glad to hear from you in Blog Land!!!!
Love,
Diana
Well, my love language is GIFTS; which means I am great at receiving them, but sometimes forget to give them! Ugh. Well, I have a friend who is very crafty and LOVES surprises. I rarely think to do anything for her, but just this morning I am dropping off an anonymous package on her doorstep. Her name is Connie and I tied a wooden "C" with all kinds of ribbon and I am taking coffee & crafts (scrapbooking supplies) (2 of her favorite things) I am going to write on a heart all things she loves that start with "C" (cash, classics, cashmere..etc) Anyways, I am sure it will make her day!! I wish I could think of these things more often!!!!
Thanks for reminding us about Random Acts of Kindness Week!!!!
You are right, it is difficult and sounds prideful to share the kind things you do for others. So I will tell you something that I think is kind...that has been installed in me since I was little...and that is writing thank you notes. Thank you notes for presents, for friendships, for goodness showed to you by others. It may not necessarily be random, but it seems to be a forgotten act of kindness these days!
Post a Comment