This morning I was spending a bit of time reviewing some pictures from the summer and trying to categorize some more blog posts in an effort to catch up.
I found a couple of pictures of Don and Lindy and just felt moved to post about the two of them.
I am so grateful and thankful that Don is such a great daddy to Lindy. He brims over with love when it comes to that girl. In the past, I've let the green-eyed monster rear its ugly head and sometimes I've mocked and made fun of their relationship (e.g., cracks about the violins playing in the background like a movie theme when he comes home). I'm not proud of that and the truth is that I just don't praise him enough for being a tremendous father.
The two have an amazing bond and he adores her and she adores him. I love that he knows what to do with her, how to play with her, and how to take care of her. He is so patient with her and can get through to her when I can't.
Don, thank you for wearing so many hats and taking on so many responsibilities to take care of our little family. I don't thank you enough for going to work every day and being the sole provider so that I can stay at home. I don't thank you enough for the sacrifices you make to spend time with your family. I hope you know that you're making a difference in Lindy's life and that she'll be a more confident, secure, and grounded person because of YOU and your relationship with her.
6 comments:
Dads have that ability to play such a special role - I am very proud of you for taking "the high road" and stopping to praise your Man - maybe I will do the same today - kindness IS contagious you know!! I love to see pictures of them 2 of them together :)
Seriously, as I sat down to take a 10 miute break and enjoy my clean house (yay!)...Lia just informed me she misses her Daddy. I don't want to harsh on you or anything...but really there's no coming between a girl and her dad....and I guess I wouldn't have it any other way (and I know you wouldn't either!).
K.
What a sweet post for your hubby! Adorable Daddy/Daughter pictures too!
I'm so glad you can see the benefit of the love between dad/daughter. :) Growing up with out one- or being a grown up with out one- is hard.
Oh, sweet post about Daddy! Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet and thoughtful post. You have a an absolutely adorable family!!
What an absolutely beautiful post Lisa! I love your honesty and the beautiful description on their relationship.
Kate too has a special bond with her Daddy. i love to watch them together as there is something just magical about their interactions. I always tease Dave that he better not let her down because she thinks he hung the moon:)
Post a Comment