I've been told it has been a while since I've done any blogging and was surprised--but not shocked--to see that it had been a month since I've touched this blog.
So in an attempt to catch up, I present you some randomness from the past month.
Twice a year, Don travels to Idaho and Utah to lure unsuspecting college students and graduates to intern and work at the fine institution he's a part of. It is a busy, busy week for him as he travels to two universities and meets with college classes, professors, and interviews lots and lots of people. This trip he had a Sunday afternoon to spend time outdoors hiking in the mountains which is one of his all time favorite things to do. Here are some pictures of his little excursion in the Tetons.



Good thing I'm not the jealous type... :-)
Gotta love a self-portrait!

A couple lone aspens providing some color
My picture would be blurry, too, if I was that close to a moose because those guys can be AGGRESSIVE! Don saw a family of three--this is the papa...Momma and baby were ahead.In the past month I got to see two friends I haven't seen in a long time. The first was my friend Kelly. Kelly and I used to work for the same company--although in different states. She and I were on several projects together and used to enjoy hanging out whenever we were on the road together or she was on my home turf or I was on hers. It had been over three years since I'd seen her and I was excited that she squeezed a visit in with me while she was on business travel here. We celebrated by having a pizza and p*izookie from an eating establishment we discovered together years ago in California that is now in San Antonio.

The other friend I got to reconnect with is a friend I hadn't seen since May 1988--the close of my sophomore year of college. Yes, you read that right--1988. What? You didn't think I was that old? Awww, thanks... A lifetime ago, Deena and I went to East S*troudsburg University and were in the same sorority. Unfortunately, we lost touch with each other because she graduated and moved and I moved, too. Last year we reconnected via F*acebook (which you know I love) and I found out she works for the same company as Don and had spent a lot of time in San Antonio at the corporate office. This spring she found out that her office in Virginia was closing and she moved here this summer. We FINALLY were able to get together and visit and it was so nice. No we didn't start singing our sorority songs and we really didn't talk too much about the old days. We really just visited about life as it is now and had a lovely time together. I can't wait to do it again--sans the four year old!

I will be back soon with some more posts.
Hope everyone is happy, healthy, and enjoying a lovely fall.
5 comments:
Holy cow! That moose is huge! Those pictures are just beautiful!
Glad to hear things are going well for you!
Wow - the Tetons are gorgeous!! I would have freaked seeing the moose!!!!
How fun to reconnect with friends!!
Umm, we forgive you for never posting! lol!! though we miss seeing pictures of Lindy!! How bout an adoption update??
I am happy to see what y'all have been up to:) That moose would scare me too!
Good to see what you guys have been up to! Miss ya!
what is that white stuff??
Post a Comment