This week I decided to give you a break and deviate from my main subject (Miss Lindy) and look for another photo to convert to black and white. During our trip to visit family in California for Christmas, we took a little jaunt to the Santa Monica pier. It was a gorgeous December day and the pier was hopping. I snapped a quick picture of the infamous ferris wheel and loved seeing the colors of the wheel against the beautiful backdrop of a crystal blue sky.
I look forward to seeing all the other entries at Lisa's this week for Black and White Wednesday!
27 comments:
Wow, girl - I love the conversion - what an eye you have to take this picture! I think it is beautiful and I DO love the colors too!!
Happy Wednesday!!
Although I do love it in color, the BW version really does smack of the "Olden" Days (as my brother used to say!)
If you hadn't drawn my attention to the condos I think I would have thought it was!
Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit!
Oh, gosh...the first one is so special as was a grand moment in time for your family...memory of a special day!
But the second ......wow....you took us back a good few decades and it has a timeless and enduring quality to it.....enchanting!
I love it!
I absolutely love the b&w one! It's amazing how just changing the color makes it appear to be vintage.
Great job!
This is a beautiful picture. I just love old amusement parks like this. Great job...like it in both color and black & white.
Thank you for your sweet comment on my post also.
Angie :)
Ha you are right. As soon as I saw your B&W version I thought of olden times way back when. It has a story behind it. So you are waiting for a mei mei too? We started our paper chase 6 months ago and are not LID yet. You have been waiting a while now. The wait is so very hard, I know. We switched to SN's for our daughter because I just couldn't wait any longer. I'm not sure what we are going to do with mei mei...stay in standard or go SN? I just don't know yet. I'm holding on to the hope that the CCAA is gonna speed things up...I know wishful thinking. Can't wait to follow you to China for mei mei....how exciting...and Lindy is so precious!
Many Blessings,
Deanna
Great job!
I really like the B&W conversion. It has been a couple years since I have been there myself, thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Also thanks so much for you kind words on my blog, it made me smile this morning!
I love it in color but your right the b&w looks so vintage.
beautiful!!! they both are great...i love the colors in the first.
Funny how it looks like a VINTAGE ferris wheel in black and white. Fun photo!!
When I visit museums, I'm always surprised that really old clothing is colorful. You know, since photos of it are always black and white. I grew up assuming brightly colored clothing wasn't invented until the late 1950's!
;)
Donna
Our Blog: Double Happiness!
YES - it is hard to believe that another week has gone by...
Love the B&W but I must admit too I LOVE the color as well...
Hope you are having a great week :)
I have a ferris wheel picture that I love in color so much I didn't want to change it. I may have to now after seeing yours. It really does look like it was taken long ago.
I love the pier too!
Beautiful and timeless image. Love them both, but I think the black and white is my favorite.
Happy Wednesday!
I LOVE your choice this week....looks like a fun place to visit:) They are both beautiful, but I love the old world feel of the black and white!! So perfect!
Thank you for your comment today......your support and words of encouragement mean so much!
xo,
Lisa
This really does have such a nostalgic feeling to it, Lisa. That looks like a fun place to visit, too. An excellent choice for a b/w conversion!
Oh - what a shot. ITA about the bnw making it old-fashioned. When you compare it against the color, the color is way modern! NEAT!
Very cool very old looking. Makes me think there is a wooden boardwalk not too far away with people walking along holding balloons and eating ice cream cones! :)
Wow - making it black and white does make it look like it was taken a long time ago. So neat!
I visited the Santa Monica Pier back in 2003 and it was so fun. I loved riding the Ferris wheel!
OOO I really like this picture in black and white! Great shot!
I LOVE the old timey feel of the black and white ferris wheel, very classic!! Thanks for you sweet comment on my entry!!
I think this is a great picture to convert. The black and white version would look fabulous in a black frame. Great shot.
Oh, I just had to stop back by ~ wanted to last night....but..well, you know how it goes! :)
I saw your note about awaiting a Taiwan beauty and I am just tickled for your family!
I know these extra delays while TWCA restructures have been SO difficult, but I believe in my heart things will pick up again soon and then move quickly for the waiting families near the top of each agencies' respective lists!
We treasured our time in Taiwan and look forward to someday returning as a family!
Please let me know if I can help in any way with questions or whatnot!
Thanks so much for letting me know & congrats!!!!!!
The black and white photo definitely gives the appearance that it could be from a different time..LOVE IT..as I am in love with earlier time periods.
I love the conversion...It really does look like it was taken long ago. Great choice!
I love the way the b&w make this look like an old photo. Very cool. The color is really pretty too - it is just interesting to see how just taking way the color makes it feel so different!
I LOVE THIS!!! In color, it pops and says somewhat retro, in black and white it is simply vintage. LOVE IT!
Gorgeous!
((((Hugs))))
Heather
Post a Comment