Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thankful Thursday

Is it Thursday? I think so...I'm still in a bit of a fog after not getting to bed until about 2:15 this morning. Here are some things for which I am thankful for today--this last Thankful Thursday of 2007...

I am thankful for safe travel to and from California. ExpressJet wasn't so express this time on either end but I am trying not to let things like that bother me as much as in the past. It's really all out of my control. I can CHOOSE to let it get to me or let it go. This time I chose to let it go, even though I was traveling with a two year old.

I am so very thankful I got to spend some time with my Grandma and Grandpa before Christmas. I am thankful they were healthy enough to make the drive from southern California to my brother's home. It is truly a blessing to be 39 years old and still have grandparents who are a special part of my life. I am thankful Grandma brought along some of her fabulous homemade peanut brittle. YUMMO! It was also such a joy to see my grandparents as great grandparents.

I am thankful we got to see our friends the Barons, Moores, and that I got to meet Pam & Mani's beautiful new son, Garrett.

I am so very thankful for getting to spend Christmas with my precious family--Don, Lindy, my parents, and Jeff, Danielle, Bryce, & Brendan. That was my best present.

Last but not least, I am so thankful for my brother and sister-in-law's incredible hospitality. They made things so easy for us. We didn't have to rent a car, bring a car seat, bring a crib, booster seat, or anything. We were basically on auto pilot. It is hard work and stressful having a house filled with guests and I am really so thankful for every grocery store run, every trip to the airport, every fabulous meal, every dish washed, every load of laundry done--just to name a few things.

I must get back to all the things I am not so thankful for--unpacking, reorganizing, laundry, etc. However, I just wanted to get this posted.

What are you thankful for today?

7 comments:

Jenn said...

Glad to hear that you had a great Christmas!

Heather said...

Good gravy, I missed you girl!!

So happy you are home safe and sound!

Can't wait to catch up...

Love to you!
Heather

Sheri said...

So happy that you had a wonderful time in California. Can't wait to hear more about it. It's good to have you back among the bloggers. I'm thankful to have "met" you this year!

mommy24treasures said...

glad all was well and you are home safe and sound. I emailed you back, let me know if you do not get it. I filled out the spam blocker thing.

Shannon West said...

welcome back... glad you had a great trip!

erinlo said...

Precious. I loved reading about your Christmas and how Lindy made the day so special- I would love to hear her sing a Christmas carol!!! Hope your new year is fabulous and filled with great news. Love, Erin L.

Blogger said...

With Car Rental 8 you can discover the cheapest car hires from over 50000 international locations.