What I was doing 10 years ago:
- Trying to get pregnant
- For the first time in my life I was listening to country music and therefore crying a lot
- Dreading that I was about to turn 30--ha ha...
- Coming off a busy tax season and working too much
- The rest is kind of a blur...
Five things on my to do list for today:
- Work on preparing my lesson for Ladies Bible Class during Lindy's nap. I teach it on Tuesday.
- Vaccum
- Divide chicken I purchased for $1.99 a pound into smaller packets. YUCK!
- Do laundry
- Make grocery list and menu for next week
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Give lots of money to my church for local work, as well as support of missionaries.
- Invest. Don't want to be one of those people who carelessly blows through money.
- Take care of various financial obligations, commitments, and worries for family members including college tuition for nephews, nieces, and cousins and paying off my dad's business.
- Treat family and friends to nice things such as vacations, fun gifts, etc.,.
- Hire an architect to design a dream home, hire a reputable builder to build it, hire an interior designer to work with me to help decorate it, and hire a housekeeper to help clean it. I really don't want anything outlandishly huge. I just would like something that is functional, practical, and spacious enough for family and friends to visit and not be on top of each other. I'd probably hire a lawn service/gardener, too, so Don wouldn't have to spend free time working in the yard.
- Travel near and travel far.
- Help people who feel called to adopt but can't afford it.
- Donate money to orphanages in China.
- Practice random acts of kindness on a large scale.
Three of my bad habits:
- Procrastinating
- Impulse buying
- Not putting my shoes away right after I am done wearing them
Five places I have lived:
- San Diego, CA
- Honolulu, HI
- Dale City, VA
- Warrington, PA
- Brunswick, ME
Five jobs I have had:
- Sales Assistant
- Library Assistant
- Procedure Writer
- Customer Service Representative
- Corporate Trainer
3 comments:
Lisa,
I love getting to know people through their responses after being tagged. It's fun and often very interesting!
I think lots of us adoptive moms would do many of the same things with a billion dollars! Maybe we need to pool resources and creative energy and do it on a smaller scale.
This was fun to read and learn more about you!
Thinking of you Lisa and hoping you are doing well. :)
You know I love this - didn't know about Hawaii - oh that we would have been friends then!!
I love all the things you would do with the money and must agree my list would probably look remarkably similar.
Your heart is so pure, so good - that is what I love about you!
Have a blessed week!
Love,
Heather
Post a Comment