Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday




Good morning~

It seems like there is always lots to do and I can easily get side tracked from doing what I need to do and replace it with what I want to do. I passed a sign on a church the other day that said, "God answers knee mail." Sure, the pun is a bit corny but the message is powerful. Sadly, I spend far more time thinking about emails, blogging, and surfing the net than I do spending time on my knees in prayer. I'm trying to change that and incorporate more balance in my life.

As I consider my blessings, I am thankful for:

The little cutie at the top of the page, my niece Brooke. She is SIX years old today. Brooke was my first niece and I remember how excited I was when she was born because there was finally a girl in the family. Happy birthday, Brooke Anne!

The opportunity to be a resource to people about adoption. Every once in a while someone will ask some in depth questions about the process and our experiences because he/she is considering adoption. Recently, I have been "helping" a friend of mine from college whom I had lost contact with for years. Somehow she found me last year and we've been in touch on and off. She and her husband are looking into adoption and I count it as a privilege and honor to share our story and be a resource. You just never know...

A super smooth first dentist appointment for Lindy. Phew...

Lindy's bible class teachers this past year. Sunday she gets promoted to the 3s. Thanks Ms. Sharon, Ms. Debbie, Ms. Ashley, Ms. Sherry, Ms. Anne, Ms. Kathy and anyone else who has helped with the 2s. These super teachers have been such an amazing part of her development this past year. She loves bible class and is really trying to obey God's rules.

A hard-workin' hubby who takes care of his girls.

Naptime! Not mine, Lindy's. My sweet child can wear me out and I am not ashamed to admit I look forward to the time she is asleep (or having semi-quiet time).

What are you thankful for today?

7 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

oh yes Lisa I can so relate. I too must constantly remind myself that the computer can be such a theif of our time. Thank you for being honest about it. I pray we all are able to balance our time in a way that honors Him.
I can relate yo your bottom thank you as well. I LOVE naptime! Just an hour or 2 sometimes can refresh you so much! and when they get up you are ready for the challenges the afternoon brings:)
Well... I am now signing off to go have bible devotion with my Treasures...
Love
Connie

myra said...

I am very thankful for naptime too. What would we do without it?

Kate said...

Brooke is lovely. And nieces are lovely. Happy birthday to sweet Brooke!

I am glad Lindy did well at the dentist!

I, too, love naptime...it is so needed...but alas we are on the down slope of napping now...a little sad about that!

God answers knee mail....corny, but right to the point, no??

Love your list as always!

Anonymous said...

Amen regarding your first paragraph. Now that it's "summer" I have an even harder time being disciplined with prayer time. This was a great reminder and challenge for me. Thank you, Lisa!

Love,
Ginny

Sheri said...

What an awesome reminder, and a catchy phrase that will stick in my brain. I think I'll get off my computer now and go do a little knee mail.

Anonymous said...

Love the post! And yes, we've got some of the best 2-year-olds teachers around -- not that I'm biased or anything. ;)

3 Peanuts said...

I can relate too which is why I have not been commenting as much on other's bogs. There are way more meaningful ways to spend my time including prayer. I post to keep a record and easy scrapbook but I was wasting too much time reading....

Your niece is adorable.


I LOVE naptime too.
Kim