So this was the plan: Let's get dressed for dinner, snap some quick pictures of each family because after dinner the kids will be tired, who knows what food and drink will be on whom, lipstick will be gone, pits will be sweaty, and hair will be either flat or frizzy.
We tried very quickly to get some pictures. We went first. First, Don looked at me like I was crazy when I told him to sit in the sand. Then he was not at all thrilled to take off his shades. Danielle couldn't even see to take the pictures. It is ALWAYS windy at the coast, so I'm not sure why I worked extra hard to straighten my hair. In the attempt to be fair, I snapped one picture of my brother's family, just in case.
Photography lesson #1: Do NOT take pictures at 6:00 in the evening in the middle of July when it is in the 90s and your subjects are facing west.
Photography lesson #1: Do NOT take pictures at 6:00 in the evening in the middle of July when it is in the 90s and your subjects are facing west.
Here's what happens when you do...
Since it seemed like our mission was futile we packed it up after five minutes and decided to execute plan B--go to dinner and do the photoshoot later. We hopped back into the minivan rental and to add insult to injury, it would not start. Jeff couldn't get it out of gear and it wouldn't budge. To make a long story short, we didn't get the photoshoot and we didn't get the fish and shrimp dinner. We had to hoof it back to the condo, feed the kids odds and ends, order delivery pizza, and wait up until nearly midnight for the tow truck to deliver a new car and take the other one away.
Mark my word, I'm going to get those beach shots if it kills me!
Good times...good times...
6 comments:
Well, I must say that you look gorgeous in every shot!
Bloopers??? I think they are fabulous shots!!! It is so hard to "plan" something and then have it not work out. And photography with kids is just an iffy proposition all around. Your hair looked lovely and so sorry you did not get the shots you wanted OR the dinner!!! That's one for the books!!!! It sounds like you kept your sense of humor, which is no surprise!!!
Glad you had some time away!!
I am with RMJ - you are stunning! But I am a little sad about the dinner -something special about seafood at the "coast". I will mourn that for you - never seperate me from a good shrimp. (noteworthy, huh??)
I think theey are great pictures.
Love, h
I think the pictures are great! You look absolutely stunning, and I love the PINK. :)
You all look great! Pretty in pink. :)
Yes, you all still look great even with squinting eyes and windy hair. You will have those memories forever. We took a trip to Disney World when I was in 3rd grade and walked out to a van that wouldn't start as the park closed for the night...we all vividly remember that about the trip although we can't remember everything that happened in the park that day. :-) Glad you were with your family!
Post a Comment