
If you are a living, breathing human you've no doubt said something you regret or something hurtful once or twice in your lifetime. I know I have MANY times. I once heard words are like toothpaste. Once toothpaste has been squeezed out of the tube, you just can't put it back in the tube. It just doesn't work that way.
I recently learned of, fellow blogger friend and adoptive mother, Kim's decision to close her very popular and widely read blog 3 Peanuts. Kim--known for her pearls--admitted many times this was her family's scrapbook but to her surprise it evolved into something much bigger. Kim's decision to close her blog was a result of someone else's choice to read her blog and subsequently harass her with very strong, hurtful words.
While I don't know what was written to her or why, nor do I claim to be perfect, I am reminded of some of Jesus' very strong words and pearls of wisdom found in Matthew 12: 33-37:
"Make a tree good and its fruit will be good, or make a tree bad and its fruit will be bad, for a tree is recognized by its fruit. You brood of vipers, how can you who are evil say anything good? For out of the overflow of the heart the mouth speaks. The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."
I, like others, miss reading Kim's blog and am sorry for the hurt someone else's careless words have caused Kim and her family. I hope this incident will cause people to be more mindful of the words they choose and remember, "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all..."
7 comments:
AMEN!!
Yeah...it kindo f goes back to "the things we learned in kindergarten" doesn't it???
If you can't say something nice...
Do unto others...
This person obviously needs our prayers.
We all miss Kim and her peanuts...it is a loss felt many times over.
Thanks for such a thought provoking and supportive post! YOu are the kind of loyal friend we all want and need in our lives!
Kate
Kate said it best - I'm with her - you are one in a million, Lis.
Beautifully written and eloquently stated - as always, my friend.
Love,
Heather
Amen!!!!
:)
Amie
Hi Lisa,
I am not sure that I answered your e-mail a few days ago. We have been out of town and I have been REALLY sick (on medicine now --- so pls excuse if this is loopy) But I got it and I appreciate all of your kindness. You have THE most incredible gift for always writing very heartfelt and sincere comments. It is something I have admired about you since the first time you commented. I do not have that gift.
I am not blogging but in looking back the break came at the prefect time...we have too much going on right now anyway. I will be back...mostly due to the amazing encouragement of the blogging community that has convinced me I should not let one bad apple spoil this experience that I enjoy so much.
I am not sure if you have talked to Heather but there is a good chance I'll get to see you sometime soon;) I love you have here. it made me really think.
Love,
Kim
I can't imagine you ever saying a bad thing about or to anyone.... I am clearly late in reading this post, but I love it! You have such a gift for ALWAYS knowing what to say and what to post.
I miss you!
Love,
Di
Amen...so glad she is back!
Post a Comment