Friday, March 9, 2007

Have you had a good laugh lately?


There's nothing like a good laugh! It is so therapeutic and really an important part of life. According to Dr. James Farrow, "Laughter is truly great medicine. Recently researchers at Loma Linda University in California showed significant drops in stress hormones and improvement in the immune system with laughter." It truly can be a great medicine! I am pretty sure I smile but I don't know that I laugh a lot, though.

Last night I saw the movie Music & Lyrics. Okay, the movie definitely won't be nominated for any Oscars as it is not nearly sophisticated or deep enough. Perhaps that is why I liked it! Deep and sophisticated I am not...
Anyway, I have to say I laughed out loud several times during the movie and it felt good! There was some witty banter which I always appreciate, many jabs at 80s bands I thought were "totally rad," and who wouldn't get a laugh at watching Hugh Grant sing and dance in a cheesy 80s video?
Find something that makes you laugh and just let go. Don't be embarrassed. Don't be ashamed. Who cares if someone thinks you're whacko!?!
I leave you with this quote: "You don't stop laughing because you grow old. You grow old because you stop laughing." Michael Pritchard
Now go have a good laugh!

No comments: