Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thankful Thursday


"It is at our mother's knee that we acquire our noblest and truest and highest ideals." Mark Twain

Today is my beautiful mom's birthday. Not a day goes by that I don't think of my mother with love and thankfulness. I wish I could capture in words all the reasons why I love my mom but I just can't find adequate words to convey the feelings of my heart.

Wishing you happiness today and always, Mom!

13 comments:

Kate said...

That is a darling picture of the two most specia ladies in your life!! Happy birthday to your sweet mom...and although I don't know her, I know she must be really something...to have raised you, Lisa.

Happy Thursday!!

Heather said...

Oh Lisa - what a great picture!! And what a great tribute to an obviously amazing woman who raised an amazing daughter! Happy Birthday to your mom, what a blessing to be so thankful for who she is and who she helped you become.

Have a great day!
Love,
Heather

Michelle R Photography said...

How beautiful!! What a blessing to have a wonderful mother and a great relationship with her. Happy Birthday to your mom!!

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful mother.
I want to thank you so much for your e-card and for thinking of me.
Truly, I coulnd't believe it when I got it. I had just received a baby list yesterday and got an e-mail off to my SW. There are still knots in my stomach as I am waiting for information. But your card really brought peace to me at a time of craziness.

Thank you so much.

Michelle R Photography said...

Hi Lisa,
I just wanted to make sure you received my email, as I received a spam blocker message and filled it out. The answer to your question is "Ivory Brown", but I also sent photos.

Have a great day!

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful Mom:) She raised a beautiful and thoughtful daughter too.

Kim

Amie said...

What a sweet photo! And what a beatiful Grandma. It appears beauty runs in the family, both on the inside and out!

Happy Birthday Grandma!

:)
Amie

Sheri said...

Happy birthday to your wonderful mother! What a blessing to have a mother like her. Hope her day was very special.

Amie said...

Lisa-

I nominated you for an award on my blog... come by and check it out! :)

Happy Day!
:)
Amie

mommy24treasures said...

my birthday is the 28th as well! WOW.
I hope your mom had a wonderful day. She certainly has a lovely daughter and grandaughter.

Shell in your Pocket said...

Came over from another blog! I love your verse on your title! Phil. 4:8 is the verse that my father would recite to me every time I left the house as a teenager...it still sticks with me today! At Hobby Lobby, they have cute signs with that verse!

Have a great day!
-Sandy Toes

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

What a beautiful post. Your mother is a beautiful woman. I love the picture. I put your family on the homepage of the Panda site...I love that picture!

Karen said...

What a beautiful photo! Hope your Mom has a wonderful birthday!

Karen