Today I am thankful for a quick weekend away with Don to Dallas. Granted, it was to see a college football game but it ended up being a really fun one to see--Navy defeated University of North Texas 74-62!!! That was coming off their triple OT win against Notre Dame last week...
This was the first time we had both been away from Lindy at the same time in the 19 months she's been home. It was REALLY weird at first. It is hard to let go of the constant feeling of responsibility. However, a couple of hours into the trip I could feel myself beginning to relax and feel a bit of peace.
Becoming parents after nearly 14 years of marriage changed a lot of things for the two of us. Of course, we wouldn't change a thing. However, I am thankful for the time we got to be alone together to reconnect. 
We also got to spend time with our friends, Shayne & Shannon, on this trip. Shannon is a UNT alum. She really didn't seem to mind watching her alma mater go down to Navy and I think I heard her and Shayne singing "Anchors Aweigh..."
Here's Shannon during the singing of her school song.
1 comment:
Looks like fun!! I'm glad that you got to have a weekend away, though I know that it is hard to leave Lindy!
Maybe sometime we can all meet for the Air Force vs. Navy game in Colo. Springs!
Post a Comment