Today I am thankful for a very encouraging Mentoring Moms session last night. One night a month, some of the "empty nest" ladies in our church host a meal for mothers of babies-fifth grade. We share a meal and then spend time in discussion and prayer. It is not a new concept for older women to teach younger women. In Titus 2: 3-5 it says:
"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. "
I have a great mom who is a wonderful example to me. I have learned volumes from her and have so much to learn from her. Not everyone is as fortunate. I am thankful these ladies who are such lovely examples willingly taking the time to encourage younger women as wives, mothers, and Christians. I am also thankful for Tamra who coordinates and oversees this ministry.
What are you thankful for today?
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am loving your "30 days"...it makes me take a look at my own life and reflect on all the blessings I have. Thank you for the inspriation!
I had a wonderful time last night as well. I left with my soul refreshed.
I am glad you have such wonderful women to surround yourself with! :)
I also love your 30 days of thankfulness. I am thankful that I have met such amazing people through my blog. I am thankful that you emailed me and offered to be here for me!
xoxo,
Danielle
That is awesome! So glad you had the time of reflection and ministry. What a wonderful thing!
We all should be so blessed by each other. I loved this post, your writing, your sweet, gentle spirit that finds the good in all things...you inspire and challenge me, so thank you for your friendship and mentoring in my life.
Love,
Heather
this sounds like a wonderful idea. I am thankful for your posts this past ferw weeks they have been very inspiring.:)
I am thankful for so many wonderful Christian woman who are not only examples but also inspiring in so many ways. I am thankful for the tremendous support I receive through the adoption community. Thanks for getting my thoughts on Thankfulness!
Christy :)
Post a Comment