Monday, November 19, 2007

30 Days of Thankfulness

On Monday mornings I often plan out my menu for the week. I am not going to post my menu this week but it did make me think about what I'm thankful for today.

I am thankful for food. It is truly something I take for granted. We have so much available and all we have to do is run to the grocery store, drive to a restaurant, or pick up a phone and voila it is there--more than we need. Sometimes it isn't even enjoyable. Eating is just a ritual. I honestly can't imagine what it would be like not knowing when or if I am going to get to eat again. I bet I'd enjoy things a lot more. I also can't imagine having to hunt, gather, plant, and store away for the future.

God has blessed me by giving me several conveniences at my disposal. I just need to remember to thank him for that.

What are you thankful for today???

6 comments:

mommy24treasures said...

we are very blessed to have so many choices of food at our doorstep. I too am thankful for our Heavenly Father giving us our daily bread.

Sheri said...

We are blessed truly beyond our comprehension. I know I take so many things for granted. I've appreciated your 30 days of thankfulness because it's really helped me focus on the many, many things I have to be thankful for. I'm thankful today for a warm home. I ran errands all morning, and it was cold outside!

Linette said...

I agree with you. I too am so thankful for food. You're right..we take it for granted that all we have to do is go to the grocery store and we have plenty of food in our pantry. We have SO much more than a lot of people.
We are truly a blessed nation.

Karen said...

You are so right, we have so much to be thankful for and sometime take for granted what we have. We are so blessed to have our conveniences, including easy access to food, clean water, medical care, ect.. We should all take time our and give our thanks!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

PS Can I add you to my blog favorites?

Karen said...

It does play music, you just have to hit the play button! Good job! Hopefully, I can figure it out before Christmas is over :)

Sheri said...

I'd be happy to fill you in on Matilda Jane. First, I have to give credit to Leslie for introducing me to this adorable clothing line. The hat that Myah has on in Leslie's blog header is Matilda Jane. The dress you commented on that Sarah is wearing was my first purchase. I've since purchased the matching hat and an adorable red sweater for the holidays. You can see the clothing line at www.matildajaneclothing.com. If you would like the name of the gal I ordered through, e-mail me through my blog and I'll forward that to you.